2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-9 - Quarantine of Vessels
- Section 23-9-1 - Appointment of seaport health officers - Duties and compensation.
- Section 23-9-2 - Publication of city or town quarantine regulations.
- Section 23-9-3 - Places from which vessels arriving are subject to quarantine.
- Section 23-9-4 - Designation of time and place of quarantine.
- Section 23-9-5 - Sentinel to order ships into quarantine.
- Section 23-9-6 - Penalty for refusal to anchor in quarantine.
- Section 23-9-7 - Council order to anchor in quarantine.
- Section 23-9-8 - Unauthorized departure from vessel under quarantine.
- Section 23-9-9 - Quarantine of vessels bound for Providence.
- Section 23-9-10 - Enforcement by sheriffs, sergeants, and constables.
- Section 23-9-11 - Disposition of fines.
- Section 23-9-12 - Federal quarantine system superseding Providence regulations.
- Section 23-9-13 - Repealed.
- Section 23-9-14 - Hoisting of quarantine colors.
- Section 23-9-15 - Unauthorized departure from infected vessel.
- Section 23-9-16 - Examination of vessel - Guards to prevent unauthorized communication.
- Section 23-9-17 - Confinement or removal of persons on board.
- Section 23-9-18 - Disinfection of imported goods.
- Section 23-9-19 - Certification and delivery of disinfected goods - Expense of disinfection.
- Section 23-9-20 - Delivery of goods not infected - Cleansing or destruction of infected goods.
- Section 23-9-21 - Forfeiture of unlawfully imported goods.
- Section 23-9-22 - Settlement of wages and charges.
- Section 23-9-23 - Action for recovery of expenses.
- Section 23-9-24 - Waters under concurrent jurisdiction of Newport.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.