2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-33 - Elevators, Escalators, and Dumbwaiters
- Section 23-33-1 - Definitions.
- Section 23-33-2 - Formulation and adoption of codes.
- Section 23-33-2.1 - Chief inspector.
- Section 23-33-2.2 - Qualified service company.
- Section 23-33-2.3 - Qualified mechanic.
- Section 23-33-3 - Codes and rules available for public inspection.
- Section 23-33-4 - Enforcement by inspectors - Disposition of fees.
- Section 23-33-5 - Permit to act as authorized inspector.
- Section 23-33-6 - Reexamination of applicant for permit after failure to pass.
- Section 23-33-7 - Compensation of authorized inspectors.
- Section 23-33-8 - Revocation of permits.
- Section 23-33-9 - Registration of elevators and escalators.
- Section 23-33-9.1 - Owner's responsibility.
- Section 23-33-10 - Inspectors authorized to conduct inspections.
- Section 23-33-11 - Periodic inspections - Right of access - Consultation with person in charge.
- Section 23-33-12 - Inspection - Reinspection - Examination and Licensee fee - Renewal.
- Section 23-33-13 - Reports of authorized inspectors - Issuance of certificate - Fee.
- Section 23-33-14 - Reports of refusal or cancellation of insurance.
- Section 23-33-15 - Order to cease operation or make repairs.
- Section 23-33-15.1 - Enforcement procedure.
- Section 23-33-16 - Issuance and posting of certificate.
- Section 23-33-17 - Notice of new installation - Temporary permit for testing.
- Section 23-33-18 - Assistance to owners - Appeal of decisions to commission.
- Section 23-33-19 - Appeals to superior court.
- Section 23-33-20 - Penalty for violations - Prosecution.
- Section 23-33-21 - Severability.
- Section 23-33-22 - Repealed.
- Section 23-33-22.1 - Warning signs near elevators in nursing homes.
- Section 23-33-23 - Safety devices on elevators.
- Section 23-33-24 - Inspections - Notice of violations.
- Section 23-33-25 - Access of owners to leased premises.
- Section 23-33-26 - Civil liability for injuries resulting from noncompliance.
- Section 23-33-27 - Fine for noncompliance.
- Section 23-33-28 - Municipal regulation.
- Section 23-33-29 - Relief from personal responsibility.
- Section 23-33-30 - Elevators placed out of service.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.