2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-28.11 - Fireworks and Pyrotechnics
Section 23-28.11-4 - Certificate of competency.

Universal Citation: RI Gen L § 23-28.11-4 (2017)

§ 23-28.11-4. Certificate of competency.

(a) Every person desiring to obtain a certificate of competency to possess and display display fireworks and aerial consumer fireworks and/or pyrotechnics shall make application to the state fire marshal. A fee of ten dollars ($10.00) shall accompany each application and shall be for processing the application and for examination to be given within ninety (90) days of receipt of application to determine applicant's experience and ability to conduct display fireworks and aerial consumer fireworks and/or pyrotechnics demonstrations. Separate applications, examinations and certificates shall be issued by the state fire marshal for fireworks and pyrotechnics and shall be in such form as the state fire marshal may require. The examinations herein provided for shall require the applicant to demonstrate adequate understanding of applicable NFPA requirements.

(b) Each applicant found to be qualified by examination shall forthwith be issued a certificate of competency upon payment of fifty dollars ($50.00) and submission of certification indicating satisfactory completion of psychiatric examination administered by a qualified physician within the previous year. All fees collected pursuant to this section shall be deposited as general revenue.

History of Section.
(P.L. 1976, ch. 271, § 7; P.L. 1979, ch. 128, § 1; P.L. 1993, ch. 138, art. 49, § 1; P.L. 1994, ch. 419, § 2; P.L. 1995, ch. 370, art. 40, § 76; P.L. 2003, ch. 106, § 9; P.L. 2003, ch. 107, § 9; P.L. 2010, ch. 25, § 2; P.L. 2010, ch. 28, § 2.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.