2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-26 - Bedding and Upholstered Furniture
- Section 23-26-1 - Definitions.
- Section 23-26-2 - All new materials required for new articles - Tagging.
- Section 23-26-3 - Sale of second-hand material as new.
- Section 23-26-3.1 - Sale prohibition. [Effective July 1, 2019.].
- Section 23-26-4 - Sterilization and tagging of second-hand articles or material.
- Section 23-26-5 - Presence of second-hand article or material as evidence of sale or use.
- Section 23-26-6 - Sterilization and tagging of material exposed to contagious disease.
- Section 23-26-7 - Types of material requiring sterilization.
- Section 23-26-7.1 - Sterilization, disinfection and disinfestation of bedding and materials.
- Section 23-26-8 - Inspection stamp required on tags.
- Section 23-26-9 - Removal or defacement of tags.
- Section 23-26-10 - Sale of unattached tags.
- Section 23-26-11 - Counterfeit stamps and permits.
- Section 23-26-12 - Sterilization permits.
- Section 23-26-13 - Contents of tag on bedding articles for sale.
- Section 23-26-14 - Contents of tag on articles renovated for owner.
- Section 23-26-15 - Contents of tag on shipments of filling material.
- Section 23-26-16 - Misleading tags - Variances allowed - Ordering articles off sale.
- Section 23-26-17 - Sterilization of second-hand "as is" articles - Contents of tag.
- Section 23-26-18 - Sterilization and tagging of articles exposed to contagious disease.
- Section 23-26-19 - Manner of attaching tags.
- Section 23-26-20 - Form of tags.
- Section 23-26-21 - Repealed.
- Section 23-26-22 - Contents of inspection stamps.
- Section 23-26-23 - Acceptance of inspection stamps of other states.
- Section 23-26-24 - Inspection powers - Confiscation.
- Section 23-26-25 - Rules, regulations, and findings - Suspension or revocation of permits. [Effective until July 1, 2019.].
- Section 23-26-25.1 - Rules, regulations, and findings - Suspension or revocation of permits. [Effective July 1, 2019.].
- Section 23-26-26 - Appeal of director's decisions.
- Section 23-26-27 - Penalty for violations. [Effective until July 1, 2019.].
- Section 23-26-27.1 - Penalty for violations. [Effective July 1, 2019.].
- Section 23-26-28 - Disposition of fees and penalties.
- Section 23-26-29 - Repealed.
- Section 23-26-30 - License required - Application - Issuance and term of license.
- Section 23-26-31 - Fees.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.