2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-18 - Cemeteries
- Section 23-18-1 - Definitions.
- Section 23-18-2 - Location of mausoleums and columbaria.
- Section 23-18-2.1 - Cremated human remains.
- Section 23-18-3 - Approval of construction plans - Supervisory control.
- Section 23-18-4 - Completion of structure and maintenance provisions required before interments.
- Section 23-18-5 - Sales before completion of structure - Bond.
- Section 23-18-6 - Proceeds of sales.
- Section 23-18-7 - Re-interment of bodies in structure becoming health menace.
- Section 23-18-8 - Speculative sales prohibited.
- Section 23-18-8.1 - Perpetual care funds.
- Section 23-18-8.2 - Additional deposits.
- Section 23-18-8.3 - Maintenance of perpetual care funds.
- Section 23-18-9 - Penalty for violations.
- Section 23-18-10 - City and town regulation of burial grounds.
- Section 23-18-10.1 - Registering historical cemeteries.
- Section 23-18-10.2 - Exemption from liability.
- Section 23-18-11 - Regulation of excavation around cemeteries.
- Section 23-18-11.1 - Permit required to alter or remove historic cemetery - Powers of city or town council - Appeal.
- Section 23-18-11.2 - Regulation of excavation - Removal and transfer of graves and cemeteries - Penalties.
- Section 23-18-12 - Vandalism in cemetery - Civil penalties.
- Section 23-18-13 - Notification of historical preservation and heritage commission.
- Section 23-18-14 - Records of disposition.
- Section 23-18-15 - Installation of veteran's plaque.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.