2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-17.14 - The Hospital Conversions Act
- Section 23-17.14-1 - Short title.
- Section 23-17.14-2 - Findings.
- Section 23-17.14-3 - Purpose of provisions.
- Section 23-17.14-4 - Definitions.
- Section 23-17.14-5 - Prior approval required - Department of attorney general and department of health.
- Section 23-17.14-6 - Initial application - Conversions involving for-profit corporations or not-for-profit as acquirors.
- Section 23-17.14-7 - Review process of the department of attorney general and the department of health and review criteria by department of attorney general.
- Section 23-17.14-8 - Review process and review criteria by department of health for conversions involving for-profit corporation as acquiror.
- Section 23-17.14-9 - Initial application - Conversions limited to not-for-profit corporations.
- Section 23-17.14-10 - Review process of department of attorney general and department of health and criteria by department of attorney general - Conversions limited to not-for-profit corporations.
- Section 23-17.14-11 - Criteria for the department of health - Conversions limited to not-for-profit corporations.
- Section 23-17.14-12 - Review process by department of health for conversions involving for-profit hospital as the acquiree.
- Section 23-17.14-12.1 - Expedited review for unaffiliated community hospitals or not-for-profit hospitals.
- Section 23-17.14-13 - Reports, use of experts, costs.
- Section 23-17.14-14 - Investigations - Notice to attend - Court order to appear - Contempt.
- Section 23-17.14-15 - Charity care requirements.
- Section 23-17.14-16 - Gag rules prohibited.
- Section 23-17.14-17 - Perjury.
- Section 23-17.14-18 - Prior approval - Closings or significant reduction of medical services.
- Section 23-17.14-19 - Limits to acquisitions - Community benefits requirements - Filings prohibited.
- Section 23-17.14-20 - Licensing fees.
- Section 23-17.14-21 - No derogation of attorney general.
- Section 23-17.14-22 - Distribution of proceeds from acquisition - Selection and establishment of an independent foundation.
- Section 23-17.14-23 - Powers and duties of the board.
- Section 23-17.14-24 - Personal liability excluded.
- Section 23-17.14-25 - Implementation.
- Section 23-17.14-26 - Annual report.
- Section 23-17.14-27 - General powers and limitations.
- Section 23-17.14-28 - Concurrent approval - License.
- Section 23-17.14-29 - Whistleblower protections.
- Section 23-17.14-30 - Failure to comply - Penalties.
- Section 23-17.14-31 - Powers of the department of health.
- Section 23-17.14-32 - Powers of the attorney general.
- Section 23-17.14-33 - Severability.
- Section 23-17.14-34 - Judicial review.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.