2014 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 10 - Courts and civil procedure–Procedure in particular actions
Chapter 10-16 - Small Claims and Consumer Claims
- Section 10-16-1 - Actions subject to chapter.
- Section 10-16-2 - Jurisdiction of district court.
- Section 10-16-3 - Venue of actions Rules of practice.
- Section 10-16-3.1 - Corporations Representatives.
- Section 10-16-4 - Filing fee Waiver of appeal.
- Section 10-16-5 - Rules of procedure.
- Section 10-16-6 - Notations in docket Refusal or return undelivered of notice to defendant.
- Section 10-16-7 - Judgment on default by defendant.
- Section 10-16-8 - Default by plaintiff Prevention of abuse of procedure by claimants.
- Section 10-16-9 - Filing of defense Counterclaim.
- Section 10-16-10 - Amendment of statements Informality of proceedings Evidence.
- Section 10-16-11 - Vacation of decisions or orders Order of new hearing.
- Section 10-16-12 - Manner of payment of judgment Stay of execution.
- Section 10-16-13 - Disbursements allowed as costs.
- Section 10-16-14 - Appeals by defendant.
- Section 10-16-15 - Remedies for enforcement of judgments.
- Section 10-16-16 - Appropriations for carrying out chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.