2013 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 33 - Probate practice and procedure
Chapter 33-1 - Rules of Descent
- Section 33-1-1 - Real estate descending by intestacy to children or descendants, parents, or brothers and sisters.
- Section 33-1-2 - Descent of real estate to paternal or maternal kindred.
- Section 33-1-3 - Descent when no paternal or maternal kindred survive.
- Section 33-1-4 - Descent to persons not in being or not capable to take as heirs.
- Section 33-1-5 - Life estate descending to spouse.
- Section 33-1-6 - Widow's or husband's allowance of real estate in fee.
- Section 33-1-7 - Descendants of deceased heirs.
- Section 33-1-8 - Children born out of wedlock.
- Section 33-1-9 - Repealed.
- Section 33-1-10 - Surplus personalty not bequeathed.
- Section 33-1-11 - Advancements.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.