2013 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 31 - Motor and Other vehicles
Chapter 31-18 - Pedestrians
- Section 31-18-1 - Applicability of regulations to pedestrians.
- Section 31-18-2 - Local ordinances.
- Section 31-18-3 - Right-of-way in crosswalk.
- Section 31-18-4 - Overtaking of vehicle stopped for pedestrian.
- Section 31-18-5 - Crossing other than at crosswalks.
- Section 31-18-6 - Crossing where tunnel or overhead is provided.
- Section 31-18-7 - Crossing between intersections.
- Section 31-18-8 - Due care by drivers.
- Section 31-18-9 - Right half of crosswalks.
- Section 31-18-10 - Walking in street prohibited.
- Section 31-18-11 - Walking, jogging, or running on left.
- Section 31-18-11.1 - Severability.
- Section 31-18-12 - Hitchhiking in road.
- Section 31-18-13 - Use of white cane restricted to blind persons.
- Section 31-18-14 - Full stop for pedestrian with guide dog or white cane.
- Section 31-18-15 - Pedestrians who are blind or deaf not guided by dog or carrying white cane.
- Section 31-18-16 - Penalty for violations as to people who are blind.
- Section 31-18-16.1 - Failure to stop on red signal for blind person at intersection.
- Section 31-18-17 - Pedestrians on freeways.
- Section 31-18-18 - Right-of-way on sidewalks.
- Section 31-18-19 - Negligence of children.
- Section 31-18-20 - Wheelchairs Rights and duties.
- Section 31-18-20.1 - Operation of wheelchairs Lamps and other equipment required.
- Section 31-18-20.2 - Wheelchair use in roadway prohibited.
- Section 31-18-21 - Pedestrians and bike facilities.
- Section 31-18-22 - Public information and education on the rights of pedestrians.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.