2013 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-64.1 - Commission for Health Advocacy and Equity
Section 23-64.1-2 - Definitions.
§ 23-64.1-2 Definitions. As used in this chapter, the following words and phrases have the following meanings:
(1) "Commission" means the commission of health advocacy and equity; formerly entitled the minority health advisory committee.
(2) "Community-based health agency" means an organization that provides health services or health education, including a hospital, a community health center, a community mental health or substance abuse center, and other health-related organizations.
(3) "Community-based health and wellness organization" means any organization, whether for-profit or not-for-profit that provides services that support the health and well-being of Rhode Islanders.
(4) "Community health worker" means any individual who assists and coordinates services between providers of health services, community services, social agencies for vulnerable populations. Community health workers provide support and assist in navigating the health and social services system.
(5) "Disparities" means the preventable inequalities in health status, including the incidence, prevalence, mortality, and burden of diseases and other adverse health conditions that exist among population groups in Rhode Island. Disparities are impacted by social determinants of health which include, but are not limited to, access to services, quality of services, health behaviors, and environmental exposures.
History of Section.
(P.L. 2011, ch. 155, § 2; P.L. 2011, ch. 172, § 2; P.L. 2012, ch. 415, § 28.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.