2013 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 15 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 15-7 - Adoption of Children
- Section 15-7-1 - Repealed.
- Section 15-7-2 - Report, investigation, and hearing on placement of child for adoption.
- Section 15-7-2.1 - Pre-adoption report on child placed for adoption.
- Section 15-7-3 - Report, investigation, and hearing on child brought into state for adoption.
- Section 15-7-4 - Petition to adopt Court having jurisdiction.
- Section 15-7-5 - Consent required.
- Section 15-7-5.1 - Contact preference form information.
- Section 15-7-6 - Waiver of parents' right to consent Guardianship of agency.
- Section 15-7-7 - Termination of parental rights.
- Section 15-7-7.1 - Court proceedings.
- Section 15-7-7.2 - Mediation of termination of parental rights.
- Section 15-7-8 - Notice to parents Notice when no parent living or when parent in mental institution.
- Section 15-7-9 - Notice to parent whose whereabouts unknown.
- Section 15-7-10 - Consent of minor parents.
- Section 15-7-11 - Investigation and report as to adoptive home.
- Section 15-7-12 - Trial period of residence.
- Section 15-7-13 - Consideration of religion of child or parents.
- Section 15-7-14 - Decree of adoption.
- Section 15-7-14.1 - Decree of open adoption.
- Section 15-7-15 - Decree of change of name.
- Section 15-7-16 - Inheritance by and from adoptive kindred.
- Section 15-7-17 - Rights of natural parents terminated Inheritance by child from natural parents.
- Section 15-7-18 - Denial of petition Order as to custody of child.
- Section 15-7-19 - Appeal from the family court.
- Section 15-7-20 - Jurisdiction of child pending appeal.
- Section 15-7-21 - Repealed.
- Section 15-7-21.1 - Challenge to decree.
- Section 15-7-22 - Penalty for violations or false statements.
- Section 15-7-23 - Complaints.
- Section 15-7-24 - Attendance at hearing.
- Section 15-7-25 - Reimbursement to adoptive parents.
- Section 15-7-26 - Notice to natural father.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.