2012 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 5 - Businesses and Professions
Chapter 5-5 - Private Detective Act
Chapter 5-5-7 - Procedure for approval or denial of application Hearings.
§ 5-5-7 Procedure for approval or denial of application Hearings. The local licensing authority, in approving or denying an application for a license or renewal of a license, shall proceed as follows:
(1) If the application is approved, the local licensing authority shall issue a license in the form provided in this chapter;
(2) If the application is denied, the local licensing authority shall notify the applicant or licensee, in writing, of the denial and state the reasons for his or her action;
(3) Within fifteen (15) days from the receipt of notice, the applicant or licensee may request a hearing in writing;
(4) If a request for a hearing is received in a timely manner, the local licensing authority shall set a date for a hearing and notify the parties of the time and place of the hearing;
(5) All hearings shall be held in accordance with the provisions of chapter 35 of title 42.
History of Section.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 479, § 2.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.