2012 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 5 - Businesses and Professions
Chapter 5-5 - Private Detective Act
Chapter 5-5-6 - Grounds for denial of application for license or renewal of license.
§ 5-5-6 Grounds for denial of application for license or renewal of license. The local licensing authority shall deny the application for or renewal of license if it finds that the applicant:
(1) Has violated any provisions of this chapter or rules and regulations promulgated under this chapter; or
(2) In the case of the applicant, commits any act that would disqualify him or her under § 5-5-10 or where the applicant has failed to meet the qualifications of this chapter;
(3) Practices fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation;
(4) Makes a material misstatement in the application for or renewal of a license; or
(5) Demonstrates incompetence or untrustworthiness in actions affecting the conduct of the business, required to be licensed under this chapter.
History of Section.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 479, § 2.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.