2012 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 31 - Motor and Other vehicles
Chapter 31-18 - Pedestrians
- Chapter 31-18-1 - Applicability of regulations to pedestrians.
- Chapter 31-18-2 - Local ordinances.
- Chapter 31-18-3 - Right-of-way in crosswalk.
- Chapter 31-18-4 - Overtaking of vehicle stopped for pedestrian.
- Chapter 31-18-5 - Crossing other than at crosswalks.
- Chapter 31-18-6 - Crossing where tunnel or overhead is provided.
- Chapter 31-18-7 - Crossing between intersections.
- Chapter 31-18-8 - Due care by drivers.
- Chapter 31-18-9 - Right half of crosswalks.
- Chapter 31-18-10 - Walking in street prohibited.
- Chapter 31-18-11 - Walking, jogging, or running on left.
- Chapter 31-18-11.1 - Severability.
- Chapter 31-18-12 - Hitchhiking in road.
- Chapter 31-18-13 - Use of white cane restricted to blind persons.
- Chapter 31-18-14 - Full stop for pedestrian with guide dog or white cane.
- Chapter 31-18-15 - Pedestrians who are blind or deaf not guided by dog or carrying white cane.
- Chapter 31-18-16 - Penalty for violations as to people who are blind.
- Chapter 31-18-16.1 - Failure to stop on red signal for blind person at intersection.
- Chapter 31-18-17 - Pedestrians on freeways.
- Chapter 31-18-18 - Right-of-way on sidewalks.
- Chapter 31-18-19 - Negligence of children.
- Chapter 31-18-20 - Wheelchairs Rights and duties.
- Chapter 31-18-20.1 - Operation of wheelchairs Lamps and other equipment required.
- Chapter 31-18-20.2 - Wheelchair use in roadway prohibited.
- Chapter 31-18-21 - Pedestrians and bike facilities.
- Chapter 31-18-22 - Public information and education on the rights of pedestrians.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.