2012 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 12 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 12-7 - Arrest
- Chapter 12-7-1 - Temporary detention of suspects.
- Chapter 12-7-2 - Search of detained person for weapons.
- Chapter 12-7-3 - Arrest without warrant for misdemeanor or petty misdemeanor.
- Chapter 12-7-4 - Arrest without warrant for felony.
- Chapter 12-7-5 - Arrest on improper ground.
- Chapter 12-7-6 - Arrest on warrant not in possession of arresting officer.
- Chapter 12-7-7 - Methods of arrest.
- Chapter 12-7-8 - Restraint and force used.
- Chapter 12-7-9 - Conditions justifying force dangerous to life.
- Chapter 12-7-10 - Resisting legal or illegal arrest.
- Chapter 12-7-11 - Summons.
- Chapter 12-7-12 - Release of arrested person by officer in charge of police station.
- Chapter 12-7-13 - Repealed.
- Chapter 12-7-14 - Punitive damages for false arrest or imprisonment.
- Chapter 12-7-15 - Severability.
- Chapter 12-7-16 - Arrest or seizure after commission of offense.
- Chapter 12-7-17 - Arrest of escapees and parole violators without warrant.
- Chapter 12-7-18 - Temporary detention powers of National Guard.
- Chapter 12-7-19 - Arrest after close pursuit by officers from cities or towns.
- Chapter 12-7-20 - Right to use telephone for call to attorney Bail bondsperson.
- Chapter 12-7-21 - "Peace officer" defined.
- Chapter 12-7-22 - Electronic recording of custodial interrogations task force.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.