2012 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 10 - Courts and civil procedure–Procedure in particular actions
Chapter 10-7 - Death By Wrongful Act
- Chapter 10-7-1 - Liability for damages for causing death.
- Chapter 10-7-1.1 - Pecuniary damages How determined.
- Chapter 10-7-1.2 - Liability for loss of consortium Liability for loss of society and companionship.
- Chapter 10-7-2 - Persons who may bring actions Limitation of actions Minimum recovery period.
- Chapter 10-7-3 - Action by beneficiaries.
- Chapter 10-7-4 - Cause surviving death of person liable.
- Chapter 10-7-5 - Liability for medical expense and diminution of earning power.
- Chapter 10-7-6 - Executor or administrator to bring § 10-7-5 action Amount recovered to estate.
- Chapter 10-7-7 - Pain and suffering recoverable Limitation of action.
- Chapter 10-7-7.1 - Punitive damages.
- Chapter 10-7-8 - Cause surviving death of person liable.
- Chapter 10-7-9 - Criminal proceedings not prerequisite.
- Chapter 10-7-10 - Damages not to estate or asset of estate.
- Chapter 10-7-11 - Applicability to pending actions.
- Chapter 10-7-12 - Applicability to actions commenced after passage.
- Chapter 10-7-13 - Severability.
- Chapter 10-7-14 - "Homemaker" defined.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.