2010 Rhode Island Code
Title 15 Domestic Relations
CHAPTER 15-11.1 Full Enforcement of Support Obligations
§ 15-11.1-2 Definitions.
§ 15-11.1-2 Definitions. For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Administrator" means the tax administrator for the department of administration, division of taxation or his or her designee.
(2) "Board" means any bureau, board, or commission or other licensor that is affiliated with or is a part of the department of business regulation, and any other state agency, municipality, or licensor that issues a license authorizing a person to engage in a recreational activity, in a business, occupation, profession, industry, or authorizes a person to operate a motor vehicle.
(3) "Compliance with a court order of support" means that the support obligor has accrued no more than ninety (90) days worth of current support no more than ninety (90) days worth of periodic payments due pursuant to a written agreement with the department or as set forth in a court order and/or has obtained or maintained health insurance coverage if required by a court order of support.
(4) "CSE system" means the Rhode Island family court/department of administration, division of taxation, child support enforcement system, which system maintains the official record of support orders and arrearages of all support orders entered upon it in accordance with applicable administrative orders issued by the Rhode Island family court.
(5) "Court order of support" means any judgment or order for the support of dependent children now or subsequently recorded and maintained on the child support enforcement (CSE) system which has been issued by any court of the state or another state, including an order in a final decree of divorce or any judgment or order issued in accordance with an administrative procedure established by state law that affords substantial due process and is subject to judicial review.
(6) "Department" means the department of administration, division of taxation.
(7) "License" means any of the following: a license to operate a motor vehicle, a motor vehicle registration, a license, certification, registration, permit, approval, or other similar document evidencing admission to or granting authority to engage in a profession, occupation, business, industry, or recreational activity.
(8) "Licensee" means any individual holding any of the following: a license to operate a motor vehicle, motor vehicle registration, a license, certification, registration, permit, approval, or other similar document evidencing admission to or granting authority to engage in a profession, occupation, business, industry, or recreational activity.
(9) "Obligor" means any person required to make payments under the terms of a court order of support.
[See § 12-1-15 of the General Laws.]
History of Section.
(P.L. 1995, ch. 370, art. 29, § 6; P.L. 1995, ch. 374, § 6; P.L. 1997, ch. 170, § 5.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.