2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 45 - Towns and cities
CHAPTER 45-5 - Councils and Governing Bodies
- § 45-5-1 - Management of affairs of town.
- § 45-5-2 - Probate meetings.
- § 45-5-3 - Quorum Majority required for action.
- § 45-5-4 - Continuation of business from time to time.
- § 45-5-5 - Clerk of council.
- § 45-5-6 - Filling of vacancies in office.
- § 45-5-7 - Town clerk pro tempore.
- § 45-5-8 - Suspension or removal of surveyor of highways.
- § 45-5-9 - Election of town auditors.
- § 45-5-10 - Fees for licenses and commissions issued to officers.
- § 45-5-11 - Burial lands and funds.
- § 45-5-12 - Neglected burial grounds.
- § 45-5-13 - Administration of oaths and engagements.
- § 45-5-14 - Subpoena of witnesses.
- § 45-5-15 - Bonds given to council.
- § 45-5-16 - Appeals from orders and decrees.
- § 45-5-17 - Claim and prosecution of appeals.
- § 45-5-18 - Special charters controlling.
- § 45-5-19 - Appointment of municipal officer under home rule charter.
- § 45-5-20 - Power of city and town councils to establish intermunicipal agreements for joint purchasing of common-use items.
- § 45-5-20.1 - Power of city and town councils and regional school districts to jointly establish an insurance corporation, to obtain insurance, and to enter into a cooperative risk management program.
- § 45-5-21 - Power of city and town councils to appropriate funds granted by the federal government.
- § 45-5-22 - Collective bargaining fiscal impact statements.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.