2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 45 - Towns and cities
CHAPTER 45-49 - School Age Child Care
§ 45-49-1 - Purpose of chapter.
§ 45-49-1 Purpose of chapter. In recognition of the growing number of school age children who have no adult supervision at certain periods when school is not in session, the purposes of this chapter are as follows:
(1) To encourage the development of partnerships among parents, school systems, municipal governments, and child care providers to serve the interests of school age children in need of before and after school care;
(2) To promote the availability of child care services to school age children in need of these services;
(3) To encourage and assure maximum use of the public schools in the establishment and operation of and provision for school age child care programs;
(4) To provide financial assistance for the establishment and operation of school age child care programs; and
(5) To encourage school committees, municipal governments, and community organizations to assess the need for school age child care services, and to promote public awareness of the need to provide before and after school child care and of the availability of programs to provide these services.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.