2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 45 - Towns and cities
CHAPTER 45-32 - Redevelopment Projects
§ 45-32-42 - Cooperation by public bodies.
§ 45-32-42 Cooperation by public bodies. (a) For the purpose of further aiding and cooperating in any redevelopment project of an agency, any state public body may, upon terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine:
(1) Dedicate, sell, convey, or lease any of its interest in any property, or grant easements, licenses, or any other rights or privileges in it to an agency;
(2) Cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, educational, water, sewer, or drainage facilities, or any other works which it is otherwise empowered to undertake, to be furnished in connection with a redevelopment project;
(3) Furnish, dedicate, close, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan, or replan public streets or ways or other public places which it is otherwise empowered to undertake;
(4) Plan or replan, zone or rezone, any part of the area within the jurisdiction of the state public body; and make exceptions and variances from building and zoning regulations and ordinances;
(5) Cause services to be furnished to the agency of the character which the state public body is otherwise empowered to furnish;
(6) Enter into agreements with respect to the exercise by the state public body of its powers relating to the repair, closing, or demolition of unsafe, unsanitary, or unfit dwellings;
(7) Incur the entire expense of any public improvements made by the state public body in exercising the powers granted in this section;
(8) Lend, grant, or contribute funds to a redevelopment agency, or enter into agreement with the redevelopment agency or other public body, to furnish funds or other assistance; and
(9) Do any and all things necessary or convenient to aid and co-operate in the redevelopment of a redevelopment area.
(b) Any sale, conveyance, lease, or agreement provided for in this section may be made by a state public body without appraisal, public notice, advertisement, or public bidding.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.