2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 45 - Towns and cities
CHAPTER 45-29 - Eminent Domain for Housing Authority Projects
- § 45-29-1 - Definitions.
- § 45-29-2 - Power of authority to take by eminent domain.
- § 45-29-3 - Resolution of necessity of acquisition Statement of compensation estimated as just.
- § 45-29-4 - Vesting of title to land taken by authority.
- § 45-29-5 - Service and publication of notice of taking of property.
- § 45-29-6 - Payment of agreed price for land.
- § 45-29-7 - Petition for jury assessment of damages.
- § 45-29-8 - Jury trial of damages Payment.
- § 45-29-9 - Consolidation of trials Precedence in court.
- § 45-29-10 - Representation of infants and people who are incompetent.
- § 45-29-11 - Return of excess deposits to authority.
- § 45-29-12 - Expediting proceedings Taking of land devoted to other public use "Owner" defined.
- § 45-29-13 - Power of city to take property for authority.
- § 45-29-14 - Resolutions of necessity for acquisition by city.
- § 45-29-15 - Agreement between city and authority as to payments to city.
- § 45-29-16 - Maps and surveys filed by authority.
- § 45-29-17 - Payment of agreed price by city.
- § 45-29-18 - Time allowed for commencement of condemnation proceedings by city.
- § 45-29-19 - Filing of plat and statement by city Service and publication of notice.
- § 45-29-20 - Notice of hearing on property taken by city.
- § 45-29-21 - Determination of necessity Appointment and fees of appraisers.
- § 45-29-22 - Proceedings and report by appraisers.
- § 45-29-23 - Deposit of appraisal amounts by city Vesting of title.
- § 45-29-24 - Notice of appraisers' report and payments to owners Trial of objections to report.
- § 45-29-25 - Confirmation of appraisers' report Use of deposit Execution.
- § 45-29-26 - Representation of infants and people who are incompetent.
- § 45-29-27 - Deposits to cover disputed title.
- § 45-29-28 - Consolidation of trial of conflicting claims.
- § 45-29-29 - Access of city and appraisers to property taken.
- § 45-29-30 - Conveyance to authority of property condemned by city.
- § 45-29-31 - Taking of excess land Disposition on completion of project.
- § 45-29-32 - Evidence of value Expediting proceedings Increased value Property devoted to other public use-"Owner" defined.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.