2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 45 - Towns and cities
CHAPTER 45-16 - Sergeants and Constables
- § 45-16-1 - Refusal to serve as sergeant Maximum service required.
- § 45-16-2 - Bond of sergeants.
- § 45-16-3 - Action on bond of sergeants.
- § 45-16-4 - Service of process in county.
- § 45-16-4.1 - License and bond of constables.
- § 45-16-4.2 - Action on bond of constables.
- § 45-16-4.3 - Service of process by constables.
- § 45-16-4.4 - Authorization to serve process of superior court.
- § 45-16-4.5 - Immunity.
- § 45-16-5 - Liability for neglect in serving process.
- § 45-16-6 - Aid and assistance in execution of office.
- § 45-16-7 - Police officers.
- § 45-16-8 - Election of special constables.
- § 45-16-9 - Attendance of special constables at schools or meetings.
- § 45-16-10 - Employment of special constables by steamboat companies and railroads.
- § 45-16-11 - Judicial order disqualifying sergeant or constable from serving process.
- § 45-16-12 - Penalty for serving process after disqualification Exemption from liability for refusal to serve.
- § 45-16-13 - Removal of constables from office.
- § 45-16-14 - Unauthorized services of process.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.