2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 45 - Towns and cities
CHAPTER 45-15 - Actions by and Against Towns
- § 45-15-1 - Corporate capacity of towns.
- § 45-15-2 - Suits in name of town.
- § 45-15-3 - Costs in prosecutions for ordinance violations.
- § 45-15-4 - Prosecutions by director of public welfare.
- § 45-15-5 - Presentment to council of claim or demand against town.
- § 45-15-6 - Town or council meeting to levy tax to pay judgment against town.
- § 45-15-7 - Judicial order assessing tax to pay judgment.
- § 45-15-8 - Recovery against town for damages from neglect to maintain highway or bridge.
- § 45-15-9 - Notice of injury on highway or bridge Commencement of action.
- § 45-15-10 - Form of notice of injury Time allowed incapacitated persons and estate administrators for notice.
- § 45-15-11 - Effect of mending of highway by town.
- § 45-15-12 - Maximum recovery for personal injuries.
- § 45-15-13 - Liability for damage by riotous assemblies.
- § 45-15-14 - Recovery by town from members of riotous assembly.
- § 45-15-15 - Prosecution of claims for damage by riotous assembly.
- § 45-15-16 - Indemnity of public officials, employees, or elected officials.
- § 45-15-17 - Appeals from boards and commissions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.