2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 45 - Towns and cities
CHAPTER 45-13 - State Aid
§ 45-13-10 - Exemptions from reimbursement.
§ 45-13-10 Exemptions from reimbursement. (a) State mandates not subject to reimbursement includes:
(1) The holding of elections;
(2) The assurance of due process;
(3) The notification and conduct of public meetings;
(4) The procedures for administrative and judicial review of actions taken by cities and towns;
(5) The protection of the public from malfeasance, misfeasance, or nonfeasance by local government officials;
(6) Financial administration, including the levy, assessment, and collection of taxes; and
(7) The preparation and submission of reports necessary for the efficient administration of state laws.
(b) All statutes having a fiscal impact on cities and towns shall include a provision stating whether these statutes conform to the definition and exemptions prescribed by §§ 45-13-7 45-13-10.
(c) Provided further that none of the provisions of §§ 45-13-7 45-13-10 are applied in a manner inconsistent with state law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.