2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 45 - Towns and cities
CHAPTER 45-10 - Audit of Accounts and Installation of Systems
§ 45-10-6 - Contents of audit report.
§ 45-10-6 Contents of audit report. The audit report referred to in this chapter shall include for each fund of the city or town and for each public industry maintained or operated by the city or town:
(1) Financial statements for the fiscal year prepared in accordance with the reporting requirements prescribed in § 45-10-5.1, together with the auditor's report thereon;
(2) A statement as to uncollected taxes outstanding at the close of the last fiscal year according to the years for which the taxes were assessed;
(3) A statement as to debts incurred during the last fiscal year which were unpaid at the end of the year;
(4) Statements as to each public industry maintained or operated by the city or town of expenditures for construction and for equipment for that year;
(5) A statement of the public debt evidenced by notes, bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness, issued and outstanding of the city or town showing as to each item of public debt the authorization date of the debt, the purpose for which authorized, the amount authorized, the date of issue, and amount issued, the interest rate, the amount owing on account of the debt at the close of the fiscal year, and the amount, if any, at that time of the sinking fund established for the retirement of the debt;
(6) A statement of the sinking funds for the payment of the public debt of the city or town, showing how these funds are constituted and invested at the close of the fiscal year; and
(7) Suggestions developed during the course of the audit for improvements in procedures and controls.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.