2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 44 - Taxation
CHAPTER 44-7 - Collection of Taxes Generally
- § 44-7-1 - Definitions.
- § 44-7-2 - Duty of collector to collect and pay over.
- § 44-7-3 - Collector's records.
- § 44-7-4 - Continuance in force of collection warrants.
- § 44-7-5 - Removal of collector from office New collection warrant.
- § 44-7-6 - City or town treasurer as collector.
- § 44-7-7 - Notice by collector to taxpayer of amount of tax.
- § 44-7-7.1 - Taxpayer information.
- § 44-7-8 - Permissive excise tax collection agreement.
- § 44-7-9 - Delegated authority.
- § 44-7-10 - Priority of city or town taxes in insolvency.
- § 44-7-10.1 - Exeter Non-issuance and/or renewal of licenses or permits to applicants or licensees in arrears in local taxes, liens and assessments in the town.
- § 44-7-11 - Collectors to furnish statements of liens.
- § 44-7-12 - Action for recovery of tax.
- § 44-7-13 - Judgment for collector Execution and levy.
- § 44-7-14 - Cancellation of taxes Erroneous, uncollectible, or illegal taxes Incentive to rehabilitate property Exeter equitable cancellation in the town.
- § 44-7-15 - Certificate of cancellation Attachment to tax list.
- § 44-7-16 - Action by city or town treasurer against delinquent collector.
- § 44-7-17 - Execution against delinquent collectors.
- § 44-7-18 - Execution against sureties of delinquent collector.
- § 44-7-19 - Action by co-tenant for contribution to tax.
- § 44-7-20 - Actions for refund of taxes.
- § 44-7-21 - Severability.
- § 44-7-22 - Remedy not exclusive.
- § 44-7-23 - Exemption on uninhabited buildings.
- § 44-7-24 - Legislatively created bodies Collection of taxes, assessments, and other charges.
- § 44-7-25 - Sale of rights to uncollected taxes that are due and payable.
- § 44-7-26 - Jeopardy collections of taxes.
- § 44-7-27 - Newport Cancellation of real property taxes in the city.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.