2009 Rhode Island Code
Title 44 - Taxation
CHAPTER 44-29 - Admissions Tax to Racing Events at Which Pari-Mutuel Betting Is Permitted
§ 44-29-1 - Definitions.
§ 44-29-1 Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Admission" means all charges established for admission except those specifically designated as service charges;
(2) "Licensee" means a person conducting racing events at which betting under the pari-mutuel system is permitted;
(3) "Person" includes, but is not limited to, individuals, associations, and corporations;
(4) "Racing event" means a racing event at which pari-mutuel betting is permitted;
(5) "Seller" means a person required by this chapter to collect any tax imposed under this chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.