2005 Rhode Island Code - § 7-1.2-907 — Amendment of articles of incorporation in reorganization proceedings.

    (a) Whenever a plan of reorganization of a corporation has been confirmed by decree or order of a court of competent jurisdiction in proceedings for the reorganization of the corporation, pursuant to the provisions of any applicable statute of the United States relating to reorganizations of corporations, the articles of incorporation of the corporation may be amended, in the manner provided in this section, in as many respects as are necessary to carry out the plan and put into effect, as long as the articles of incorporation, as amended, contain only provisions that might be lawfully contained in original articles of incorporation at the time of making the amendment.

   (b) Articles of amendment approved by decree or order of the court must be executed by the trustee or trustees of such corporation appointed in the reorganization proceedings (or a majority thereof), or if none are appointed and acting, by the person or persons that the court designates or appoints for the purpose, and must state the name of the corporation, the amendments of the articles of incorporation approved by the court, the date of the decree or order approving the articles of amendment, the title of the proceedings in which the decree or order was entered, and a statement that the decree or order was entered by a court having jurisdiction of the proceedings for the reorganization of the corporation pursuant to the provisions of an applicable statute of the United States.

   (c) This section does not apply to such corporation upon the entry of a final decree in the reorganization proceedings closing the case and discharging the trustee or trustees, if any.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.