2005 Rhode Island Code - § 7-1.2-1001 — Procedure for merger.(a) Any two (2) or more domestic corporations may merge into one of the corporations, or into a new corporation, pursuant to a plan of merger approved in the manner provided in this chapter.
(b) The board of directors of each corporation shall, by resolution adopted by each board, approve a plan of merger stating:
(1) The names of the corporations proposing to merge, and the name of the corporation which will survive or result from the merger, which is hereinafter designated as the surviving corporation.
(2) The terms and conditions of the proposed merger.
(3) The manner and basis of converting the shares of each merging corporation (other than those held by the surviving corporation, if any) into shares or obligations or other securities of the surviving corporation or, in whole or in part, into cash, property, or shares, obligations, or other securities of any other corporation.
(4) Any amendments to the articles of incorporation of the surviving corporation to be effected by the merger, or if no amendments are desired, a statement that the articles of incorporation of one of the corporations are the articles of incorporation of the surviving corporation, or in the case of a new corporation, all of the statements required to be stated in articles of incorporation for corporations organized under this chapter.
(5) Any other provisions with respect to the proposed merger that are deemed necessary or desirable.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.