2014 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes
Title 23 - DOMESTIC RELATIONS
Chapter 63 - Child Protective Services
Section 6336 - Information in Statewide database
§ 6336. Information in Statewide database.
(a) Information authorized.--The Statewide database shall include and shall be limited to the following information:
(1) The names, Social Security numbers, age, race, ethnicity and sex of the subjects of the reports.
(2) The date or dates and the nature and extent of the alleged instances that created the need for protective services.
(3) The home addresses of the subjects of the report.
(4) The county in which the alleged incidents that created the need for protective services occurred.
(5) Family composition.
(6) The name and relationship to the child in question and of other persons named in the report.
(7) Factors contributing to the need for protective services.
(8) The source of the report.
(9) Services planned or provided.
(10) If the report alleges child abuse, whether the report was determined to be founded, indicated or unfounded.
(11) If the report alleged the child was in need of general protective services, whether the report was valid or invalid.
(12) If the report was accepted for services and the reasons for the acceptance.
(13) If the report was not accepted for services, the reason the report was not accepted and whether the family was referred to other community services.
(14) Information obtained by the department in relation to a perpetrator's or school employee's request to release, amend or expunge information retained by the department or the county agency.
(15) The progress of any legal proceedings brought on the basis of the report of suspected child abuse.
(16) Whether a criminal investigation has been undertaken and the result of the investigation and of any criminal prosecution.
(17) In the case of an unfounded or invalid report, if it is later determined that the initial report was a false report, a notation to that effect regarding the status of the report.
(18) Unfounded reports of child abuse, limited to the information authorized under section 6337 (relating to disposition and expunction of unfounded reports and general protective services reports).
(19) Any additional information provided in section 6313(c) (relating to reporting procedure).
(20) Any additional demographic information that the department requires to comply with section 6342 (relating to studies of data in records).
(21) A family case record for each family accepted for investigation, assessment or services which shall be maintained consistent with regulatory requirements.
(22) With respect to cases that are not accepted for child abuse investigation or general protective services assessment or are referred to community services:
(i) The reason the report was not accepted.
(ii) Any information provided to the referral source or the family related to other services or option available to address the report.
(23) Any other information that is necessary to maintain the names of persons convicted of a violation under 18 Pa.C.S. § 4906.1 (relating to false reports of child abuse) or the names of persons who made a false report of the need for general protective services.
No information other than that permitted in this subsection shall be retained in the Statewide database.
(b) Type of information released.--(Deleted by amendment).
(c) Limitation on release of information.--(Deleted by amendment).
(Dec. 16, 1994, P.L.1292, No.151, eff. July 1, 1995; Apr. 7, 2014, P.L.388, No.29, eff. Dec. 31, 2014)
Cross References. Section 6336 is referred to in section 6331 of this title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Pennsylvania may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.