2014 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes
Chapter 63 - Child Protective Services
Section 6320 - Protection from employment discrimination

23 PA Cons Stat § 6320 (2014) What's This?

§ 6320. Protection from employment discrimination.

(a) Basis for relief.--A person may commence an action for appropriate relief if all of the following apply:

(1) The person is required to report under section 6311 (relating to persons required to report suspected child abuse) or encouraged to report under section 6312 (relating to persons encouraged to report suspected child abuse).

(2) The person acted in good faith in making or causing the report of suspected child abuse to be made.

(3) As a result of making the report of suspected child abuse, the person is discharged from employment or is discriminated against with respect to compensation, hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment.

(b) Applicability.--This section does not apply to an individual making a report of suspected child abuse who is found to be a perpetrator because of the report or to any individual who fails to make a report of suspected child abuse as required under section 6311 and is subject to conviction under section 6319 (relating to penalties) for failure to report or to refer.

(c) Location.--An action under this section must be filed in the court of common pleas of the county in which the alleged unlawful discharge or discrimination occurred.

(d) Relief.--Upon a finding in favor of the plaintiff, the court may grant appropriate relief, which may include reinstatement of the plaintiff with back pay.

(e) Departmental intervention.--The department may intervene in an action commenced under this section.


(Apr. 15, 2014, P.L.425, No.34, eff. Dec. 31, 2014)

2014 Amendment. Act 34 added section 6320.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Pennsylvania may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.