2012 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes
Title 18 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Chapter 1 - General Provisions
Section 101 - Short title of title
CRIMES AND OFFENSES
I. Preliminary Provisions
II. Definition of Specific Offenses
III. Miscellaneous Provisions
Enactment. Unless otherwise noted, the provisions of Title 18 were added December 6, 1972, P.L.1482, No.334, effective in six months.
Special Provisions in Appendix. See sections 2, 3 and 4 of Act 334 of 1972 in the appendix to this title for special provisions relating to offenses committed prior to the effective date of this title, severability and applicability of Statutory Construction Act.
1. General Provisions
5. General Principles of Justification
7. Responsibility (Reserved)
9. Inchoate Crimes
11. Authorized Disposition of Offenders
13. Authority of Court in Sentencing (Transferred)
Enactment. Part I was added December 6, 1972, P.L.1482, No.334, effective in six months.
101. Short title of title.
102. Territorial applicability.
105. Principles of construction.
106. Classes of offenses.
107. Application of preliminary provisions.
108. Time limitations.
109. When prosecution barred by former prosecution for the same offense.
110. When prosecution barred by former prosecution for different offense.
111. When prosecution barred by former prosecution in another jurisdiction.
112. Former prosecution before court lacking jurisdiction or when fraudulently procured by the defendant.
Enactment. Chapter 1 was added December 6, 1972, P.L.1482, No.334, effective in six months.
§ 101. Short title of title.
This title shall be known and may be cited as the "Crimes Code."
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Pennsylvania may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.