2010 Pennsylvania Code
Title 42 - JUDICIARY AND JUDICIAL PROCEDURE
Chapter 59 - Depositions and Witnesses
Subchapter A. Witnesses Generally
- 5901 - Judicial oath.
- 5902 - Effect of religious beliefs.
- 5903 - Compensation and expenses of witnesses.
- 5904 - Subpoena of witnesses.
- 5905 - Subpoenas. CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS
- 5911 - Competency of witnesses generally.
- 5912 - Effect of prior convictions.
- 5913 - Spouses as witnesses against each other.
- 5914 - Confidential communications between spouses.
- 5915 - Testimony by spouse in rebuttal.
- 5916 - Confidential communications to attorney.
- 5917 - Notes of evidence at former trial.
- 5918 - Examination of defendant as to other offenses.
- 5919 - Depositions in criminal matters. CIVIL MATTERS
- 5921 - Interest not to disqualify.
- 5922 - Disqualification by perjury.
- 5923 - Confidential communications between spouses.
- 5924 - Spouses as witnesses against each other.
- 5925 - Testimony by married person against spouse in rebuttal.
- 5926 - Testimony by spouse after attack on character or conduct.
- 5927 - Actions by spouse to recover separate property.
- 5928 - Confidential communications to attorney.
- 5929 - Physicians not to disclose information.
- 5930 - Surviving party as witness, in case of death, mental incapacity, etc.
- 5931 - Incompetent witnesses.
- 5932 - Witness competent to testify against interest; to become competent upon release of interest.
- 5933 - Competency of surviving party.
- 5934 - Notes of evidence at former trial.
- 5935 - Examination of person adversely interested.
- 5936 - Medical testimony by deposition. CERTAIN PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES
- 5941 - Persons who may be compelled to testify.
- 5942 - Confidential communications to news reporters.
- 5943 - Confidential communications to clergymen.
- 5944 - Confidential communications to psychiatrists or licensed psychologists.
- 5945 - Confidential communications to school personnel.
- 5945.1 - Confidential communications with sexual assault counselors.
- 5945.2 - Confidential communications to crime stopper or similar anticrime program.
- 5946 - Competency of certain witnesses where political subdivision is a party.
- 5947 - Immunity of witnesses.
- 5948 - Confidential communications to qualified professionals.
- 5949 - Confidential mediation communications and documents.
- 5950 - Confidential communications involving law enforcement officers.
- 5951 - Confidential communications involving public safety responders and corrections officers.
- 5952 - Confidential communications to peer support members.
Subchapter B. Securing Attendance of Witnesses in Criminal Proceedings
- 5961 - Short title of subchapter.
- 5962 - Definitions.
- 5963 - Summoning witness in this Commonwealth to testify in another state.
- 5964 - Witness from another state summoned to testify in this Commonwealth.
- 5965 - Exemption from arrest and service of process.
Subchapter C. Rendition of Prisoners as Witnesses in Criminal Proceedings
- 5971 - Short title of subchapter.
- 5972 - Definitions.
- 5973 - Scope of subchapter.
- 5974 - Summoning prisoner in this Commonwealth to testify in another state.
- 5975 - Court order.
- 5976 - Terms and conditions.
- 5977 - Prisoner from another state summoned to testify in this Commonwealth.
- 5978 - Compliance.
- 5979 - Exemption from arrest and service of process.
Subchapter D. Child Victims and Witnesses
- 5981 - Declaration of policy.
- 5982 - Definitions.
- 5983 - Rights and services.
- 5984 - Videotaped depositions (Repealed).
- 5984.1 - Recorded testimony.
- 5985 - Testimony by contemporaneous alternative method.
- 5985.1 - Admissibility of certain statements.
- 5986 - Hearsay.
- 5987 - Use of dolls.
- 5988 - Victims of sexual or physical abuse.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Pennsylvania may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.