2019 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 07 - Public Facilities and Finance
Chapter 293 - Administration of Public Funds
Section 293.180 - Agency petty cash fund.
(1) If the appropriation for an agency or the limitation on expenditures of an agency, as enacted by the Legislative Assembly, includes an amount for a petty cash fund, the fund shall be established and administered as provided in this section.
(2) The agency for which a petty cash fund has been authorized may prepare a voucher in the amount authorized in favor of a person designated by the agency as custodian of its petty cash fund. A warrant shall be drawn for the amount of the voucher payable out of moneys appropriated for the expenditures of the agency. The designated custodian shall credit the amount of the warrant to the petty cash fund.
(3) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services may establish regulations governing the administration of petty cash funds established pursuant to this section.
(4) Subject to regulations established by the department:
(a) The designated custodian may make disbursements from the petty cash fund only when it is necessary to make an immediate cash payment which is lawfully payable from moneys appropriated to the agency.
(b) The designated custodian may hold the petty cash fund in cash or may deposit the fund to the account of the agency in any insured institution or institutions in the state authorized as a depository of state funds, or may hold part in cash and deposit the remainder.
(5) The designated custodian shall periodically submit to the appropriate warrant drawing authority verified reimbursement vouchers properly supported by evidences of disbursements from the petty cash fund. Upon allowance of the reimbursement vouchers the warrant drawing authority shall issue a warrant on the State Treasurer, in favor of the designated custodian, payable out of moneys appropriated for the expenditures of the agency. [Formerly 291.548; 1967 c.454 §103; 1997 c.631 §445]