2019 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 06 - Local Government, Public Employees, Elections
Chapter 240 - State Personnel Relations
Section 240.850 - Policy on work environments; duties of state agencies.
It is the policy of the State of Oregon to encourage cooperative, participatory work environments and team-based management practices in all state agencies. To that end, when feasible and appropriate, state agencies shall:
(1) Delegate responsibility for decision-making and service delivery to the lowest possible level;
(2) Involve all workers, especially frontline workers, in the development and design of processes and program improvements;
(3) Simplify and eliminate internal administrative rules and policies that unduly impede the attainment of the agency’s mission and delivery of services;
(4) Eliminate layers of organizational hierarchies;
(5) Envision state government as a high performance organization in which training and technology are viewed as an investment in the workforce; and
(6) Promote continuous improvement of state services through the involvement of all workers in process design and performance-based outcome development. [1993 c.724 §13b]
Note: 240.850 was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 240 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.