2019 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 06 - Local Government, Public Employees, Elections
Chapter 240 - State Personnel Relations
Section 240.235 - Compensation plan for classified service.

Universal Citation: OR Rev Stat § 240.235 (2019)

(1) The Personnel Division shall establish and implement a merit pay system which shall take into consideration individual performance and organizational accomplishment, prevailing rates of pay for the services performed and for comparable services in public and private employment, living costs, maintenance or other benefits received, obligations established by collective bargaining agreements, and the state’s financial condition and policies. The merit pay system may provide for monetary awards to employees for past meritorious service and contribution to the mission and goals of the employing agency.

(2) Modifications of the merit pay system may be adopted by the division and shall be effective only when approved by the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services.

(3) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, each employee in the classified service shall be paid a rate within the salary range set forth in the merit pay system for the class of positions in which employed.

(4) Following any modification of the classification plan affecting a position, the division may provide that the rate of compensation of the employee holding such position shall not be reduced by reason of any such modification. An employee holding such a position shall not be eligible for any salary increase during such period of time that the employee’s salary is above the maximum of the salary range of the classification to which the employee’s position is allocated. [Amended by 1961 c.451 §1; 1969 c.80 §53; 1975 c.305 §1; 1979 c.468 §12]

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oregon may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.