2019 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 06 - Local Government, Public Employees, Elections
Chapter 222 - City Boundary Changes; Mergers; Consolidations; Withdrawals
- Section 222.005 - Notice to public utilities of annexation; contents; effect.
- Section 222.010 - Report of city boundary changes; contents; time for filing; exception.
- Section 222.020 [Repealed by 1955 c.475 §12]
- Section 222.030 - Assessor to furnish statement of assessed valuation of property in territory to be annexed.
- Section 222.040 - Delay of effective date of actions under this chapter because of election; effective date of certain annexations and transfers of territory.
- Section 222.045 - Written agreement required regarding unfunded PERS liability or surplus when cities split, consolidate or merge.
- Section 222.050 - Certain consolidations and mergers; additional question concerning taxes authorized; requirements for approval.
- Section 222.110 [Repealed by 1957 c.613 §1 (222.111 enacted in lieu of 222.110)]
- Section 222.111 - Authority and procedure for annexation; specifying tax rate in annexed territory.
- Section 222.115 - Annexation contracts; recording; effect.
- Section 222.118 - Provision of city services to airport without requiring annexation.
- Section 222.120 - Procedure for annexation without election; hearing; ordinance subject to referendum.
- Section 222.125 - Annexation by consent of all owners of land and majority of electors; proclamation of annexation.
- Section 222.127 - Annexation without election notwithstanding contrary city law upon petition of all owners of land; declaration of annexation.
- Section 222.130 - Annexation election; notice; ballot title.
- Section 222.140 [Repealed by 1979 c.317 §26]
- Section 222.150 - Election results; proclamation of annexation.
- Section 222.160 - Procedure when annexation is submitted to city vote; proclamation of annexation.
- Section 222.170 - Annexation by consent before public hearing or order for election; proclamation of annexation.
- Section 222.173 - Time limit for filing statements of consent; public records.
- Section 222.175 - City to provide information on taxes and services when soliciting statements of consent.
- Section 222.177 - Transmittal of annexation records to Secretary of State.
- Section 222.179 - Exempt territory.
- Section 222.180 - Effective date of annexation.
- Section 222.183 - Notice of annexation when effective date delayed for more than one year.
- Section 222.185 [1971 c.673 §4; repealed by 1975 c.326 §5]
[Repealed by 1975 c.326 §5]
CONSOLIDATION OF ADJOINING AND NONADJOINING TERRITORIES
Note: Sections 9, 10 and 11, chapter 539, Oregon Laws 2005, provide:
Sec. 9. Section 10 of this 2005 Act is added to and made a part of ORS 222.210 to 222.310. [2005 c.539 §9]
Sec. 10. (1) A lot, parcel or tract may not be included in territory proposed to be consolidated to create a newly incorporated city or a consolidated city unless the owner of the lot, parcel or tract gives written consent to the incorporation or consolidation, if the lot, parcel or tract:
(a) Is zoned for industrial use or designated for industrial use zoning in an acknowledged comprehensive plan;
(b) Is land on which no electors reside, unless one or more electors living on-site are employed or engaged to provide security services for the industrial user of the land;
(c) Has an assessed value of more than $2 million, including improvements; and
(d) Is in unincorporated Jackson County within the urban unincorporated community of White City, west of Oregon Route 62.
(2) After incorporation or consolidation of a city that includes a lot, parcel or tract described in subsection (1) of this section, the development rights that apply to the lot, parcel or tract under the industrial zoning classification applicable to the lot, parcel or tract when the city is incorporated or consolidated are retained and run with the lot, parcel or tract.
(3) As used in this section, "urban unincorporated community" means an unincorporated community that:
(a) Includes at least 150 permanent residential dwelling units;
(b) Contains a mixture of land uses, including three or more public, commercial or industrial land uses;
(c) Includes areas served by a community sewer system; and
(d) Includes areas served by a community water system. [2005 c.539 §10; 2016 c.121 §5]
Sec. 11. Sections 2, 4, 6,
- Section 222.210 - Authority to consolidate adjoining and nonadjoining cities or territories; additional method of annexation; limitation.
- Section 222.220 - Initiation of proceedings; signatures on petitions.
- Section 222.225 - Economic feasibility statement required; contents.
- Section 222.230 - Form and contents of petition; filing; meeting of city governing bodies.
- Section 222.240 - Approval of petition; appointment of charter commission; employment of assistance; functions.
- Section 222.245 [1971 c.761 §13; repealed by 1989 c.92 §39]
- Section 222.250 - Joint convention of governing bodies; election on consolidation, charter and tax rate limit; date; functions of county court; ballot title.
- Section 222.260 - Ordinance calling election.
- Section 222.265 - Conduct of election.
- Section 222.270 - Canvass of votes; joint convention of governing bodies; proclamation; report to Secretary of State; cost of election.
- Section 222.275 - Second election on question of consolidation of certain areas or cities.
- Section 222.280 - Election of officers; effective date of incorporation; certain annexations prohibited.
- Section 222.290 - Officers assume duties under charter.
- Section 222.295 - Effect of consolidation; records, assets and uncollected taxes of consolidating cities transferred to consolidated city.
- Section 222.300 - Ordinances of previously incorporated cities continued in effect; initiation of civil and criminal actions.
- Section 222.310 - Construction of ORS 222.210 to 222.310; substantial compliance sufficient.
- Section 222.410 [Repealed by 1969 c.494 §29]
- Section 222.420 [Repealed by 1969 c.494 §29]
- Section 222.430 [Amended by 1967 c.283 §3; repealed by 1969 c.494 §29]
- Section 222.440 [Repealed by 1969 c.494 §29]
- Section 222.450 [Repealed by 1969 c.494 §29]
- Section 222.460 - Procedures for withdrawal of territory; contents of resolution; hearing; election; taxes and assessments.
- Section 222.465 - Effective date of withdrawal from domestic water supply district, water control district or sanitary district.
- Section 222.510 - Annexation of entire district; transfer of assets, liabilities and functions to city; exceptions.
- Section 222.520 - Annexation of less than entire district; assumption of obligations by city conditional.
- Section 222.524 - Procedure for withdrawal of part of district from district.
- Section 222.528 - Territory withdrawn from district not liable for certain obligations.
- Section 222.530 - Procedure for division of assets on withdrawal of part of district; arbitration and award.
- Section 222.540 - Procedure for division of installations on withdrawal of part of water district; appeal; joint operations.
- Section 222.550 - Withdrawal of greater portion of water district; dissolution optional; transfer of property to city.
- Section 222.560 - Procedure for division of installations on withdrawal of part of sanitary district; appeal; joint operation.
- Section 222.570 - Effect on metropolitan sanitary districts.
- Section 222.575 - Agreements for joint operation by city and district.
- Section 222.580 - Procedure applicable to prior annexations in which no property division was made.
- Section 222.610 - Surrender of city charter and merger into adjoining city; elections required.
- Section 222.620 - Submission of merger to electors of city surrendering charter; petition for merger; conduct of election.
- Section 222.630 [Repealed by 1983 c.350 §331a]
- Section 222.640 [Amended by 1979 c.317 §5; repealed by 1983 c.350 §331a]
- Section 222.650 - Submission of merger to electors of city retaining charter; tax rate limit for successor city; notice of election.
- Section 222.660 [Repealed by 1983 c.350 §331a]
- Section 222.670 [Amended by 1979 c.317 §6; repealed by 1983 c.350 §331a]
- Section 222.680 - Effective date of merger.
- Section 222.690 - Effect of merger on rights, liabilities and jurisdiction of the merged cities.
- Section 222.700 - Effect of merger on pending actions and proceedings; street work proceedings.
- Section 222.710 - Return statements filed with county recording officer.
- Section 222.720 [Repealed by 1983 c.350 §331a]
- Section 222.750 - Annexation of unincorporated territory surrounded by city; delayed annexation for certain property.
- Section 222.810 [Amended by 1953 c.562 §2; repealed by 1969 c.49 §1]
- Section 222.820 [Repealed by 1969 c.49 §1]
- Section 222.830 [Repealed by 1969 c.49 §1]
- Section 222.840 - Short title.
- Section 222.850 - Definitions for ORS 222.840 to 222.915.
- Section 222.855 - Annexation to remove danger to public health.
- Section 222.860 - Proposal for annexation.
- Section 222.865 [1967 c.624 §4; 1973 c.637 §4; repealed by 1975 c.639 §18]
- Section 222.870 - Hearing in affected territory; notice.
- Section 222.875 - Purpose and conduct of hearing; written findings of fact; rules.
- Section 222.880 - Oregon Health Authority order or finding; hearing upon petition; alteration of boundaries; tax differential.
- Section 222.883 - Stay of proceedings by Oregon Health Authority; purpose; limit.
- Section 222.885 - Alternative plan by petition or resolution; stay of proceedings.
- Section 222.890 - Review of alternative plan.
- Section 222.895 [1967 c.624 §9; 1973 c.637 §10; repealed by 1975 c.639 §9 (222.896 enacted in lieu of 222.895)]
- Section 222.896 - Judicial review.
- Section 222.897 - Study and plan for alleviation of health danger by city; procedure if city fails to act.
- Section 222.898 - Determination if health danger can be alleviated; approval of plans; notice to city.
- Section 222.900 - City to adopt ordinance.
- Section 222.905 - Proposal or petition for annexation.
- Section 222.910 [1967 c.624 §5; 1973 c.637 §13; repealed by 1975 c.639 §16 (222.911 enacted in lieu of 222.910)]
- Section 222.911 - Participation of director, officer or employee with interest in affected territory.
- Section 222.915 - Application of ORS 222.840 to 222.915.