2019 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 03 - Landlord-Tenant, Domestic Relations, Probate
Chapter 125 - Protective Proceedings
Section 125.802 - Definitions.
As used in ORS 125.800 to 125.852:
(1) "Adult" means an individual who has attained 18 years of age.
(2) "Conservator" means a person appointed by the court to administer the property of an adult, including a person appointed under ORS chapter 125.
(3) "Conservatorship order" means an order appointing a conservator or other order related to management of an adult’s property.
(4) "Conservatorship proceeding" means a judicial proceeding in which a conservatorship order is sought or has been issued.
(5) "Guardian" means a person appointed by the court to make decisions regarding the person of an adult, including a person appointed under ORS chapter 125.
(6) "Guardianship order" means an order appointing a guardian.
(7) "Guardianship proceeding" means a judicial proceeding in which an order for the appointment of a guardian is sought or has been issued.
(8) "Incapacitated person" means an adult for whom a guardian has been appointed.
(9) "Party" means the respondent, petitioner, guardian, conservator or any other person allowed by the court to participate in a guardianship or conservatorship proceeding.
(10)(a) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government or governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality or any other legal or commercial entity.
(b) "Person" as defined in paragraph (a) of this subsection does not apply in the terms "incapacitated person" or "protected person."
(11) "Protected person" means an adult for whom a conservatorship order has been issued.
(12) "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(13) "Respondent" means an adult for whom a conservatorship order or the appointment of a guardian is sought.
(14) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, a federally recognized Indian tribe or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. [2009 c.179 §2]
Note: See note under 125.800.