2019 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 03 - Landlord-Tenant, Domestic Relations, Probate
Chapter 125 - Protective Proceedings
Section 125.095 - Fees, costs and disbursements payable in protective proceedings.

Universal Citation: OR Rev Stat § 125.095 (2019)

(1) Funds of a person subject to a protective proceeding may be used to pay reasonable fees, costs and disbursements to any visitor, attorney, physician, fiduciary or temporary fiduciary for services related to the protective proceeding or for services provided on behalf of a fiduciary, respondent, petitioner, cross-petitioner, objector or protected person.

(2) Prior court approval is required before the payment of fees from the funds of a person subject to a protective proceeding when the payment is to:

(a) A physician if the fees are incurred for services relating to proceedings arising out of the filing of an objection to a petition, cross-petition or motion.

(b) An appointed fiduciary, except that prior court approval is not required before payment of fees to a conservator if the conservator is a trust company that has complied with ORS 709.030, or if the conservator is the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

(c) Any attorney who has provided services relating to a protective proceeding, including services provided in preparation or anticipation of the filing of a petition in a protective proceeding.

(3) Subject to ORS 125.495 to 125.520, prior court approval is not required before:

(a) Payment of attorney fees incurred prior to the filing of a petition in a protective proceeding for services unrelated to the protective proceeding; or

(b) Payment for services provided by an attorney who is hired as a mediator for mediation services related to a protective proceeding.

(4) A pleading that alleges a basis for payment of attorney fees is not required before payment of attorney fees is approved or made under this section.

(5) ORCP 68 does not apply to requests for approval and payment of attorney fees made under this chapter. [1995 c.664 §15; 1997 c.631 §409; 2005 c.625 §65; 2013 c.99 §1]

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oregon may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.