2017 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 03 - Landlord-Tenant, Domestic Relations, Probate
Chapter 125 - Protective Proceedings
Section 125.010 - Protective proceedings.
(1) Any person who is interested in the affairs or welfare of a respondent may file a petition for the appointment of a fiduciary or entry of other protective order.
(2) A protective proceeding is commenced by the filing of a petition in a court with jurisdiction over protective proceedings.
(3) The court may appoint any of the following fiduciaries in a protective proceeding:
(a) A guardian, with the powers and duties specified in this chapter.
(b) A conservator, with the powers and duties specified in this chapter.
(c) A temporary fiduciary, with the powers and duties specified in this chapter.
(d) Any other fiduciary necessary to implement a protective order under ORS 125.650.
(4) In addition to appointing a fiduciary, or in lieu of appointing a fiduciary, the court may enter any other protective order in a protective proceeding in the manner provided by ORS 125.650.
(5) The court may make a determination described in ORS 127.550 with regard to an advance directive in a protective proceeding in which a guardian or temporary guardian has been appointed for the principal, or in which the petition seeks the appointment of a guardian or a temporary guardian for the principal. [1995 c.664 §2; 2001 c.396 §1]