2017 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 02 - Business Organizations, Commercial Code
Chapter 079 - Secured Transactions
Section 79.0328 - UCC 9-328. Priority of security interests in investment property.
The following rules govern priority among conflicting security interests in the same investment property:
(1) A security interest held by a secured party having control of investment property under ORS 79.0106 has priority over a security interest held by a secured party that does not have control of the investment property.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in subsections (3) and (4) of this section, conflicting security interests held by secured parties each of which has control under ORS 79.0106 rank according to priority in time of:
(a) If the collateral is a security, obtaining control;
(b) If the collateral is a security entitlement carried in a securities account and:
(A) If the secured party obtained control under ORS 78.1060 (4)(a), the secured party’s becoming the person for which the securities account is maintained;
(B) If the secured party obtained control under ORS 78.1060 (4)(b), the securities intermediary’s agreement to comply with the secured party’s entitlement orders with respect to security entitlements carried or to be carried in the securities account; or
(C) If the secured party obtained control through another person under ORS 78.1060 (4)(c), the time on which priority would be based under this subsection if the other person were the secured party; or
(c) If the collateral is a commodity contract carried with a commodity intermediary, the satisfaction of the requirement for control specified in ORS 79.0106 (2)(b) with respect to commodity contracts carried or to be carried with the commodity intermediary.
(3) A security interest held by a securities intermediary in a security entitlement or a securities account maintained with the securities intermediary has priority over a conflicting security interest held by another secured party.
(4) A security interest held by a commodity intermediary in a commodity contract or a commodity account maintained with the commodity intermediary has priority over a conflicting security interest held by another secured party.
(5) A security interest in a certificated security in registered form which is perfected by taking delivery under ORS 79.0313 (1) and not by control under ORS 79.0314 has priority over a conflicting security interest perfected by a method other than control.
(6) Conflicting security interests created by a broker, securities intermediary, or commodity intermediary which are perfected without control under ORS 79.0106 rank equally.
(7) In all other cases, priority among conflicting security interests in investment property is governed by ORS 79.0322 and 79.0323. [2001 c.445 §48]