2017 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 02 - Business Organizations, Commercial Code
Chapter 063 - Limited Liability Companies
Section 63.094 - Limited liability company name.
(1) The name of a limited liability company must contain the words "limited liability company" or the abbreviation "L.L.C." or "LLC."
(2) A limited liability company name may not contain the word or abbreviation "cooperative," "corporation," "corp.," "incorporated," "Inc.," "limited partnership," "L.P.," "LP," "Ltd.," "limited liability partnership," "L.L.P." or "LLP" or any derivation of any of the words or abbreviations specified in this subsection.
(3) A limited liability company name must be written in the alphabet used to write the English language and may include Arabic and Roman numerals and incidental punctuation.
(4) A limited liability company name must be distinguishable upon the records of the Office of the Secretary of State from any other limited liability company name, corporate name, professional corporate name, nonprofit corporate name, cooperative name, limited partnership name, business trust name, reserved name, registered corporate name or assumed business name of active record with the office.
(5) The limited liability company name need not satisfy the requirement of subsection (4) of this section if the applicant delivers to the office a certified copy of a final judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction that finds that the applicant has a prior or concurrent right to use the limited liability company name in this state.
(6) The provisions of this section do not prohibit a limited liability company from transacting business under an assumed business name.
(7) The provisions of this section do not:
(a) Abrogate or limit the law governing unfair competition or unfair trade practices; or
(b) Derogate from the common law, the principles of equity or the statutes of this state or of the United States with respect to the right to acquire and protect trade names. [1993 c.173 §21; 1995 c.93 §5; 2013 c.159 §8]