2015 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 15 - Occupations
Chapter 672 - Professional Engineers; Land Surveyors; Photogrammetrists; Geologists
Section 672.002 - Definitions for ORS 672.002 to 672.325.
As used in ORS 672.002 to 672.325, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Board" means the State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying.
(2) "Engineer," "professional engineer" or "registered professional engineer" means an individual who is registered in this state and holds a valid certificate to practice engineering in this state as provided under ORS 672.002 to 672.325.
(3) "Engineering intern" means an individual enrolled by the board as having passed an examination in the fundamental engineering subjects.
(4) "Geodetic survey" means a determination of the size and shape of the earth or the position of any point on the earth.
(5) "Land surveyor," "professional land surveyor" or "registered professional land surveyor" means an individual who is registered in this state and holds a valid certificate to practice surveying in this state as provided by ORS 672.002 to 672.325.
(6) "Land surveying intern" means an individual enrolled by the board as having passed an examination in the fundamental land surveying subjects.
(7) "Photogrammetric mapping" means an evaluating and measuring of land that is limited to the determination of the topography, area, contours and location of planimetric features, by using photogrammetric methods or similar remote sensing technology, including but not limited to using existing ground control points incidental to the photogrammetric or remote sensing mapping process.
(8) "Photogrammetrist" means an individual registered with the board and holding a valid certificate to practice photogrammetric mapping.
(9) "Responsible charge" means to have supervision and control of:
(a) The engineering design of works with responsibility for design decisions;
(b) Land surveying work for the purpose of ensuring conformance to the relevant requirements of law and sound surveying practice; or
(c) Photogrammetric mapping project work, which may include, but need not be limited to, work regarding the extent of coverage, location of ground control, aerial photography or similarly remotely sensed data, the measurement of features detected by remote sensing equipment, quality control for compliance with standards and specifications and the presentation of findings.
(10) "Supervision and control" means establishing the nature of, directing and guiding the preparation of, and approving the work product and accepting responsibility that the work product is in conformance with standards of professional practice.
[1971 c.751 §1; 1983 c.614 §1; 1995 c.33 §1; 1997 c.210 §1; 2005 c.22 §475; 2005 c.445 §6; 2009 c.259 §1; 2015 c.576 §9]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oregon may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.