2015 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 01 - Courts, Oregon Rules of Civil Procedure
Chapter 030 - Actions and Suits in Particular Cases
ACTIONS FOR INJURY OR DEATH
- Section 30.010 - Who may maintain action for injury or death of child.
- Section 30.020 - Action for wrongful death; when commenced; damages.
- Section 30.030 - Distribution of damages.
- Section 30.040 - Apportionment among dependents upon settlement.
- Section 30.050 - Apportionment among dependents after judgment.
- Section 30.060 - Appeal from order of distribution or apportionment.
- Section 30.070 - Settlement; discharge of claim.
- Section 30.075 - Procedure upon death of injured person.
- Section 30.080 - Effect of death of wrongdoer.
- Section 30.085
- Section 30.090 - Appointment of administrator of estate of wrongdoer.
- Section 30.100 - Substitution of personal representative as party defendant.
- Section 30.110
ACTIONS BY GUEST PASSENGERS
- Section 30.115 - Aircraft and watercraft guest passengers; definitions.
- Section 30.120
- Section 30.130 - Public carriers by aircraft and prospective aircraft purchasers.
LIABILITY OF CERTAIN PERSONS PROVIDING MOTOR VEHICLES
- Section 30.135 - Liability of certain persons that lend, rent, donate use of, make available for test drive or otherwise provide motor vehicle.
ENFORCEMENT OF RIGHTS UNDER SERVICEMEMBERS CIVIL RELIEF ACT
- Section 30.136 - Action to enforce right or remedy under Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
- Section 30.138 - Remedies for violation of Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
ACTIONS ON CERTAIN CONSTRUCTION AGREEMENTS
- Section 30.140 - Certain indemnification provisions in construction agreement void.
- Section 30.142
- Section 30.144
- Section 30.145 - Certain provisions relating to waivers in construction agreements void.
- Section 30.146
- Section 30.150
- Section 30.155
- Section 30.160
- Section 30.165
- Section 30.170
- Section 30.175
ACTIONS AGAINST FORMER EMPLOYER FOR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- Section 30.178 - Liability of employer for disclosing information about employee to new employer; no action based on compelled self-publication.
ACTIONS ARISING OUT OF PROVISION OF UTILITY SERVICES
- Section 30.180 - Definitions for ORS 30.180 to 30.186.
- Section 30.182 - Civil action for taking of or tampering with utility services.
- Section 30.184 - Amount recoverable; attorney fees.
- Section 30.186 - Remedies not exclusive.
- Section 30.190
ACTIONS ARISING OUT OF PROVISION OF CABLE SERVICES
- Section 30.192 - Definitions for ORS 30.192 to 30.196.
- Section 30.194 - Prohibitions relating to cable services.
- Section 30.195 - Civil action for violation of prohibitions relating to cable services.
- Section 30.196 - Amount recoverable; attorney fees.
ACTIONS FOR INTIMIDATION
- Section 30.198 - Civil action for intimidation; remedies; attorney fees; liability of parents.
- Section 30.200 - Action by district attorney; effect on others.
ACTIONS ON OFFICIAL BONDS
- Section 30.210 - To whom official bonds are security.
- Section 30.220 - Parties.
- Section 30.230 - Leave to begin action.
- Section 30.240 - Subsequent delinquencies on same bond.
- Section 30.250 - Amount of judgment.
TORT ACTIONS AGAINST PUBLIC BODIES
- Section 30.260 - Definitions for ORS 30.260 to 30.300.
- Section 30.261 - Limitation on applicability of ORS 30.260 to 30.300 to certain private, nonprofit organizations.
- Section 30.262 - Certain nonprofit facilities and homes public bodies for purposes of ORS 30.260 to 30.300.
- Section 30.264
- Section 30.265 - Scope of liability of public body, officers, employees and agents; liability in nuclear incident.
- Section 30.266
- Section 30.267 - Liability for certain medical treatment at Oregon Health and Science University facilities.
- Section 30.268 - Liability for certain medical treatment at facilities other than Oregon Health and Science University.
- Section 30.269 - Limitations on awards under Oregon Tort Claims Act generally.
- Section 30.270
- Section 30.271 - Limitations on liability of state for personal injury and death.
- Section 30.272 - Limitations on liability of local public bodies for personal injury and death.
- Section 30.273 - Limitations on liability of public bodies for property damage or destruction.
- Section 30.274 - Direct appeal of constitutionality of limitations.
- Section 30.275 - Notice of claim; time of notice; time of action.
- Section 30.278 - Reporting notice of claim of professional negligence to licensing board.
- Section 30.280
- Section 30.282 - Local public body insurance; self-insurance program; action against program.
- Section 30.285 - Public body shall indemnify public officers; procedure for requesting counsel; extent of duty of state; obligation for judgment and attorney fees.
- Section 30.287 - Counsel for public officer; when public funds not to be paid in settlement; effect on liability limit; defense by insurer.
- Section 30.290 - Settlement of claims by local public body.
- Section 30.295 - Payment of judgment or settlement; remedies for nonpayment; tax levy for payment; installment payments.
- Section 30.297 - Liability of certain state agencies for damages caused by foster child or youth offender; conditions; exceptions.
- Section 30.298 - Liability of certain state agencies to foster parents for injury or damage caused by foster child or youth offender; conditions; limitations.
- Section 30.300 - ORS 30.260 to 30.300 exclusive.
- Section 30.302 - Certain retired health care providers to be considered agents of public bodies.
ACTIONS AND SUITS BY AND AGAINST GOVERNMENTAL UNITS AND OFFICIALS
- Section 30.310 - Actions and suits by governmental units.
- Section 30.312 - Actions by governmental units under federal antitrust laws.
- Section 30.315 - Proceedings by cities and counties to enforce ordinances and resolutions.
- Section 30.320 - Contract and other actions and suits against governmental units.
- Section 30.330 - Contracts of Department of Transportation providing for arbitration.
- Section 30.340 - Title of proceedings by or against county; control of proceedings by county court.
- Section 30.350
- Section 30.360 - Governmental unit as defendant in actions involving liens on realty.
- Section 30.370 - Service of summons on Attorney General; content.
- Section 30.380 - Action by assignee of claim for money illegally charged or exacted.
- Section 30.390 - Satisfaction of judgment against public corporation.
- Section 30.395 - Settlement of certain claims against municipal corporations; manner of payment.
- Section 30.400 - Actions by and against public officers in official capacity.
- Section 30.402
OR PUBLIC SERVANT’S EMPLOYER
- Section 30.405 - Injunction for criminal conduct related to employment or status of public servant.
- Section 30.407 - Request for hearing following issuance of order under ORS 30.405.
RECOVERY OF FINES AND FORFEITURES
- Section 30.410 - In whose name action brought.
- Section 30.420 - Venue of action for forfeiture.
- Section 30.430 - Amount of penalty.
- Section 30.440 - Judgment by collusion not a bar.
- Section 30.450
- Section 30.460 - Payment of fines or costs in proceeding to enforce county ordinance or resolution; defendant personally liable.
VOLUNTEERS TRANSPORTING OLDER PERSONS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
- Section 30.475 - Legislative policy.
- Section 30.480 - Limitation on liability of volunteers; conditions.
- Section 30.485 - Apportionment of damages; insurance issues excluded from jury consideration.
VOLUNTEERS PROVIDING ASSISTANCE OR ADVICE IN RESPONSE TO DISCHARGE OF HAZARDOUS MATERIAL OR RELATING TO COMPLIANCE WITH DISPOSAL LAWS
- Section 30.490 - Definitions for ORS 30.490 to 30.497.
- Section 30.492 - Limitation on liability of volunteer providing assistance or advice related to mitigation or cleanup of discharge of hazardous material.
- Section 30.495 - Exceptions to limitation.
- Section 30.497 - When limitation on liability not applicable.
- Section 30.500 - Definitions for ORS 30.500 and 30.505.
- Section 30.505 - Limitation on liability of volunteer providing assistance relating to compliance with hazardous waste disposal laws; exceptions.
ACTIONS FOR USURPATION OF OFFICE OR FRANCHISE; TO ANNUL CORPORATE EXISTENCE; TO ANNUL LETTERS PATENT
- Section 30.510 - Action for usurpation of office or franchise, forfeiture of office or failure to incorporate.
- Section 30.520 - Joinder of defendants.
- Section 30.530 - Determining right of person claiming an office or franchise.
- Section 30.540 - Rights of person adjudged entitled to office or franchise.
- Section 30.550 - Action for damages.
- Section 30.560 - Judgment against usurper; imposition of fine.
- Section 30.570 - Action to annul corporate existence on direction of Governor.
- Section 30.580 - Action to annul corporate existence on leave of court.
- Section 30.590 - Judgment against corporation.
- Section 30.600 - Action to annul letters patent.
- Section 30.610 - Prosecutor; verification of pleadings; affidavit for leave of court; relator as coplaintiff.
- Section 30.620 - Duty of district attorney.
- Section 30.630 - Filing copy of judgment with Secretary of State.
- Section 30.640 - Enforcement of judgment.
ACTIONS AGAINST PUBLIC BODY BY INMATES
- Section 30.642 - Definitions for ORS 30.642 to 30.650.
- Section 30.643 - Waiver or deferral of fees and costs in action against public body by inmate.
- Section 30.645 - Waiver or deferral of fees after three dismissals of action.
- Section 30.646 - Payment of costs under judgment against inmate.
- Section 30.647 - Dismissal of inmate action during proceedings.
- Section 30.648 - Small claims actions by inmates against public bodies.
- Section 30.650 - Award of noneconomic damages in inmate action.
- Section 30.655
- Section 30.656
- Section 30.658
- Section 30.660
- Section 30.661
- Section 30.662
- Section 30.664
- Section 30.665
- Section 30.670
ACTIONS ARISING OUT OF AGRI-TOURISM ACTIVITIES
- Section 30.671 - Definitions for ORS 30.671 to 30.677.
- Section 30.673 - Limitations on liability of agri-tourism professional; exceptions.
- Section 30.675
- Section 30.677 - Notice.
- Section 30.680
- Section 30.685
- Section 30.687 - Definitions for ORS 30.687 to 30.697.
- Section 30.689 - Policy.
- Section 30.691 - Limitations on liability; exceptions.
- Section 30.693 - Additional exceptions to limitations on liability; effect of written release.
- Section 30.695 - Effect of written release on liability of veterinarian or farrier.
- Section 30.697 - Effect on workers’ compensation benefits.
- Section 30.698
- Section 30.700
- Section 30.701 - Actions against maker of dishonored check; statutory damages and attorney fees; handling fee.
- Section 30.710
- Section 30.715 - Successive actions or suits.
- Section 30.720
- Section 30.725
- Section 30.730
- Section 30.740 - Right of gambling loser to recover double losses.
- Section 30.750 - Liability of abstractors.
- Section 30.760
- Section 30.765 - Liability of parents for tort by child; effect on foster parents.
- Section 30.770
- Section 30.772 - Limitation on liability of landowner arising out of aviation activity; exceptions.
- Section 30.774 - Indemnification of property owner that allows nonprofit organization or educational provider to use property.
- Section 30.780 - Liability for damages caused by gambling.
- Section 30.785 - Liability of construction design professional for injuries resulting from failure of employer to comply with safety standards.
- Section 30.788 - Liability of architect, engineer, inspector or building evaluator for emergency relief services.
- Section 30.790
- Section 30.792 - Liability of health care provider or health clinic for volunteer services to charitable organization.
- Section 30.794 - Liability of physician or hospital arising out of care provided by direct entry midwife.
- Section 30.795
- Section 30.800 - Liability for emergency medical assistance.
- Section 30.801
- Section 30.802 - Liability for use of automated external defibrillator.
- Section 30.803 - Liability of licensed emergency medical services provider acting as volunteer.
- Section 30.805 - Liability for emergency medical assistance by government personnel.
- Section 30.807 - Liability for emergency transportation assistance.
- Section 30.809 - Liability of fraternal organization that provides used eyeglasses or hearing aids.
- Section 30.810
- Section 30.811 - Liability of person providing outreach services to homeless individual or individual at risk of becoming homeless individual.
- Section 30.820 - Action against seller of drugged horse; attorney fees.
- Section 30.822 - Action for theft of or injury to search and rescue animal or therapy animal; attorney fees.
- Section 30.825 - Action for unlawful tree spiking; attorney fees.
- Section 30.830
- Section 30.840
- Section 30.850
- Section 30.860 - Action for trade discrimination; treble damages; attorney fees.
- Section 30.862 - Action for public investment fraud; attorney fees.
- Section 30.864 - Action for disclosure of certain education records; limitation of action; attorney fees.
- Section 30.865 - Action for invasion of personal privacy; attorney fees.
- Section 30.866 - Action for issuance or violation of stalking protective order; attorney fees.
- Section 30.867 - Action for violation of criminal laws relating to involuntary servitude or trafficking in persons.
- Section 30.868 - Civil damages for custodial interference; attorney fees.
- Section 30.870 - Definitions for ORS 30.870 and 30.875.
- Section 30.875 - Civil damages for shoplifting or taking of agricultural produce.
- Section 30.876 - Treble damages and costs in actions arising out of interference with agricultural research.
- Section 30.877 - Treble damages and costs in actions arising out of research and animal interference and arising out of interference with livestock production.
- Section 30.880
- Section 30.882 - Award of liquidated damages to sports official subjected to offensive physical contact; attorney fees.
- Section 30.890 - Liability of food gleaners, donors and distributors.
- Section 30.892 - Liability of donors and distributors of general merchandise and household items.
- Section 30.895
PRODUCT LIABILITY ACTIONS
- Section 30.900 - "Product liability civil action" defined.
- Section 30.902 - Products provided by physicians.
- Section 30.905 - Time limitation for commencement of action.
- Section 30.907 - Action for damages from asbestos-related disease; limitations.
- Section 30.908 - Action arising out of injury from breast implants; limitations.
- Section 30.910 - Product disputably presumed not unreasonably dangerous.
- Section 30.915 - Defenses.
- Section 30.920 - When seller or lessor of product liable; effect of liability rule.
- Section 30.925 - Punitive damages.
- Section 30.927 - When manufacturer of drug not liable for punitive damages; exceptions.
- Section 30.928 - Time limitation for actions for damages caused by certain light bulbs.
FARMING AND FOREST PRACTICES
- Section 30.930 - Definitions for ORS 30.930 to 30.947.
- Section 30.931 - Transport or movement of equipment, device, vehicle or livestock as farming or forest practice.
- Section 30.932 - Definition of "nuisance" or "trespass."
- Section 30.933 - Legislative findings; policy.
- Section 30.934 - Prohibition on local laws that make forest practice a nuisance or trespass; exceptions.
- Section 30.935 - Prohibition on local laws that make farm practice a nuisance or trespass.
- Section 30.936 - Immunity from private action based on farming or forest practice on certain lands; exceptions.
- Section 30.937 - Immunity from private action based on farming or forest practice allowed as preexisting nonconforming use; exceptions.
- Section 30.938 - Attorney fees and costs.
- Section 30.939 - When use of pesticide considered farming or forest practice.
- Section 30.940 - Effect on other remedies.
- Section 30.942 - Rules.
- Section 30.943 - Certain agencies not required to investigate complaints based on farming or forest practice.
- Section 30.945
- Section 30.947 - Effect of siting of destination resorts or other nonfarm or nonforest uses.
- Section 30.949 - Action for hindering, impairment or obstruction of forest practice on state forestland.
- Section 30.950
- Section 30.955
- Section 30.960
- Section 30.961 - Actions against sellers of food for food-related condition.
- Section 30.963 - Claim requirements for actions involving food-related conditions.
- Section 30.970 - Definitions for ORS 30.970 to 30.990.
- Section 30.975 - Skiers assume certain risks.
- Section 30.980 - Notice to ski area operator of injury to skier; injuries resulting in death; statute of limitations; informing skiers of notice requirements.
- Section 30.985 - Duties of skiers; effect of failure to comply.
- Section 30.990 - Operators required to give skiers notice of duties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oregon may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.