2013 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 03 - Landlord-Tenant, Domestic Relations, Probate
Chapter 109 - Parent and Child Rights and Relationships
Section 109.747 - Jurisdiction to modify determination.

OR Rev Stat § 109.747 (2013) What's This?

Except as otherwise provided in ORS 109.751, a court of this state may not modify a child custody determination made by a court of another state unless a court of this state has jurisdiction to make an initial determination under ORS 109.741 (1)(a) or (b) and:

(1) The court of the other state determines that it no longer has exclusive, continuing jurisdiction under ORS 109.744 or that a court of this state would be a more convenient forum under ORS 109.761; or

(2) A court of this state or a court of the other state determines that the child, the child's parents and any person acting as a parent do not presently reside in the other state. [1999 c.649 §15]

Note: See note under 109.701.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oregon may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.