2013 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 03 - Landlord-Tenant, Domestic Relations, Probate
Chapter 109 - Parent and Child Rights and Relationships
Section 109.675 - Right to diagnosis or treatment for mental or emotional disorder or chemical dependency without parental consent.

OR Rev Stat § 109.675 (2013) What's This?

(1) A minor 14 years of age or older may obtain, without parental knowledge or consent, outpatient diagnosis or treatment of a mental or emotional disorder or a chemical dependency, excluding methadone maintenance, by a physician licensed by the Oregon Medical Board, a psychologist licensed by the State Board of Psychologist Examiners, a nurse practitioner registered by the Oregon State Board of Nursing, a clinical social worker licensed by the State Board of Licensed Social Workers, a professional counselor or marriage and family therapist licensed by the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists or a community mental health program established and operated pursuant to ORS 430.620 when approved to do so by the Oregon Health Authority pursuant to rule.

(2) However, the person providing treatment shall have the parents of the minor involved before the end of treatment unless the parents refuse or unless there are clear clinical indications to the contrary, which shall be documented in the treatment record. The provisions of this subsection do not apply to:

(a) A minor who has been sexually abused by a parent; or

(b) An emancipated minor, whether emancipated under the provisions of ORS 109.510 and 109.520 or 419B.550 to 419B.558 or, for the purpose of this section only, emancipated by virtue of having lived apart from the parents or legal guardian while being self-sustaining for a period of 90 days prior to obtaining treatment as provided by this section. [1985 c.525 §1; 1989 c.721 §47; 1993 c.546 §137; 1997 c.249 §38; 2009 c.442 §30; 2009 c.595 §71; 2013 c.178 §1]

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oregon may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.