2013 Oregon Revised Statutes
Volume : 03 - Landlord-Tenant, Domestic Relations, Probate
Chapter 109 - Parent and Child Rights and Relationships
Section 109.307 - Court required to act within six months of filing of petition for adoption; duty of clerk.

OR Rev Stat § 109.307 (2013) What's This?

(1) Not earlier than provided in ORS 109.309 and not later than six months from the date on which the petition for leave to adopt another is filed under ORS 109.309, the court before which the petition is pending shall hold a hearing and shall:

(a) Enter a judgment under ORS 109.350;

(b) Continue the guardianship or legal custodial status of the child;

(c) Waive the child to a court having jurisdiction under ORS 419B.100 or 419C.005; or

(d) Take such other action as the court considers necessary.

(2) The court before which the petition is pending, on its own motion, may take testimony from or confer with the child to be adopted and may exclude from the conference the parents or guardians of the child, the proposed adoptive parents and other persons if the court finds that such action would be likely to be in the best interests of the child. However, the court shall permit an attorney for each party to attend the conference, and the conference shall be reported.

(3) The clerk of the court before which petitions for leave to adopt another are pending shall periodically notify the court and the Department of Human Services of all such petitions which have been pending before the court for more than six months without final disposition pursuant to subsection (1) of this section.

(4) The clerk of the court before which a petition is filed for leave to adopt a minor child shall provide to the Director of Human Services a copy of the court's order of disposition of the petition. [1965 c.188 §2; 1983 c.369 §3; 1987 c.814 §2; 1993 c.33 §292; 1993 c.546 §117; 2003 c.576 §143]

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oregon may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.