2011 Oregon Revised Statutes
ORS Volume 5, Chapters 171 - 200
ORS Chapter 184
184.631 Public-private research and development program; rules.
(1) The Department of Transportation shall establish a public-private partnership research and development program.
(2) As part of the program established under this section, the department may enter into joint research and development agreements for the purpose of developing products for market that may reduce the cost of maintenance and preservation or extend the useful life of the state s highways or that may improve highway safety. The department may enter into agreements with the following:
(c) Nonprofit organizations.
(d) The State Board of Higher Education.
(3) The department may enter into agreements under subsection (2) of this section that allow the department to obtain royalties or other financial benefits from the sale or use of products developed through the public-private partnership research and development program.
(4) Moneys that the department is authorized to spend on planning and research may be used for development of products under this section.
(5) The department shall adopt rules that govern the solicitation and selection of product development projects that will receive funding under the program established under this section. [2003 c.819 18]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oregon may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.