2011 Oregon Revised Statutes
ORS Volume 15, Chapters 670 - 704
ORS Chapter 677
677.139 License to practice medicine across state lines; application; fees.
(1) Upon application, the Oregon Medical Board may issue to an out-of-state physician a license for the practice of medicine across state lines if the physician holds a full, unrestricted license to practice medicine in any other state of the United States, has not been the recipient of a professional sanction by any other state of the United States and otherwise meets the standards for Oregon licensure under this chapter.
(2) In the event that an out-of-state physician has been the recipient of a professional sanction by any other state of the United States, the board may issue a license for the practice of medicine across state lines if the board finds that the sanction does not indicate that the physician is a potential threat to the public interest, health, welfare and safety.
(3) A physician shall make the application on a form provided by the board, accompanied by nonrefundable fees for the application and the license in amounts determined by rule of the board. The board shall adopt necessary and proper rules to govern the renewal of licenses issued under this section.
(4) A license for the practice of medicine across state lines is not a limited license for purposes of ORS 677.132.
(5) A license for the practice of medicine across state lines does not permit a physician to practice medicine in this state except when engaging in the practice of medicine across state lines. [1999 c.549 4]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oregon may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.