2022 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-1631. Right to petition for change of name.

Universal Citation: 12 OK Stat § 1631 (2022)

Any natural person, who has been domiciled in this state or who has been residing upon any military reservation located in said state, for more than thirty (30) days, and has been an actual resident of the county or such military reservation situated in said county, or county in which the military reservation is situated, for more than thirty (30) days, next preceding the filing of the action, may petition for a change of name in a civil action in the district court; provided, no person who is required to register as a sex offender pursuant to the Oklahoma Sex Offenders Registration Act may petition for a change of name. If the person be a minor, the action may be brought by guardian or next friend as in other actions.

Added by Laws 1953, p. 57, § 1. Amended by Laws 1955, p. 141, § 1; Laws 1957, p. 83, § 1; Laws 2014, c. 35, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2014.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.